SABnzbd is a popular browser choice to download articles from Usenet. For a thorough understanding of this platform, make sure to check out our SABnzbd review.
Not only is this platform extremely practical, but it is also very easy to install. Continue reading for a step-by-step guide to installing and using SABnzbd.
1. Head to “ https://sabnzbd.org/downloads ” and grab yourself the latest release:
2. Once the installation package has downloaded on your computer, open the package to start the installation. The following pop-up will prompt you to select a language for the installation:
3. Read the License Agreement thoroughly and click “I Agree” to continue :
4. Select the components you want to install and click “Next”:
5. Select the location in your computer you would like to install the browser, as well as which folder you want to access it from in the start menu. Pick locations that will be the most convenient for you to access:
6. That is all! Once you have successfully installed the newsreader, the following message should appear. Click finish and move on to configuration stage:
The first time you open SABnzbd, you will be prompted with the following setup steps.
1. There’s currently 16 languages supported by SABnzbd. Select the one that is most convenient for you and press ”Start Wizard”
2. Next, enter the server details of your primary Usenet provider. This includes your username and password
3. Test the server to make sure that the details are entered correctly. You should see the following confirmation if the connection was successful:
4. Select “Next” to complete the setup.
Note that you can add more Usenet providers in the Servers configuration settings. Simply press the up-and-down arrow and then the “+Add Server”:
Integration (3rd-Party Apps)
To enable SABnzbd to be configured to third party Apps, you must ensure certain settings are turned on.
Under “General’’ tab, you will find all the information needed to connect to third-party helper apps.
If you are to change any settings, make sure you save changes and restart your app.
Under ‘’security’’ section, set your access to Full API, and set a SABnzbd Username and Password for added security. This will prevent other people from being able to easily access your SABnzbd interface.
These settings should allow you to integrate with your chosen third party apps while ensuring maximum security.